Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra is one of the most beautiful and densely populated cities of India situated on the western coast of the country. Previously well known as Bombay, the city is very famous as the entertainment and finance capital.
Being one of the friendliest hubs of the country, Mumbai has ample to offer to its visitors in terms of fun and pleasure.The city has several amazing things which people should know as each of them involves plenty of fun and rejoice for the visitors. The interesting facts about Mumbai are enough to attract anyone from any part of the world. Mumbai is one of those destinations in India which has 24*7 activities running throughout, ending up with the name,” city which never sleeps”.
Mumbai is spotted in fastest growing cities in India and hold many locations where travelers can feel very close to natural beauties and have fun out there. Hotels in Mumbai are world class and Mumbai hotel booking is just comfortable for anyone sitting in any part of the world.
Here are some of the hidden facts associated with one of the most deserving tourist destinations in India
- The derivation of the name of the destinations has some great history related with. Anciently the people of the place known as the Koli community worshipped the Goddess Mumba from where the term Mumbai originated and the place later named to Mumbai from Bombay. The term Bombay was originated from one of the Portuguese phrases, Bom Bahia which means a beautiful bay.
- Mumbai is well known as the city of Firsts as the Juhu Aerodrome was set up here in 1928 which was the first airport of the country. The city welcomed the first five star hotels, the Taj Mahal hotel in 1903 and the very first railway terminal was built here in South Mumbai, known as the Bori Bunder, now popular as the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus. The construction of the Terminus went on during the British period in 1787 and was ended in 1887 when it was finally opened for common people use. The architecture of the building is the first of the country, greatly inspired from the Victorian gothic styles. The Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus has 18 platforms on total where 7 entertaining local travelers and rest managing in-and-out of the city. The brilliant structure is a UNESCO World Heritage site and is considered the most remarkable attraction of the Mumbai city.
- The Asiatic Society in Mumbai is another great part of the country. The Asiatic Society houses a library having more than 15000 books considered as valuable. The place being one of the oldest literary societies of the nation is a great tourist attraction of the city that never sleeps. The excellence that the place holds attracts thousands of people from different parts of the world every year.
- One of the best facts associated with Mumbai is the place holds around 149 kilometers as the coastline which becomes spark of the place and brings great tourist crowd. Previously known as Rajiv Gandhi Sea link, the Bandra Worli Sea Link is built magnificently over the Arabian Sea, adding much charm to the beauty of the beautiful city of Mumbai. The bridge took almost ten complete years for construction connecting suburbs of Bandra to Worli and is amongst the most pleasing infrastructures of the country. The great Arabian Sea makes a long 3.5 kilometers stretch, serving Mumbai city the best of its tourist destinations. The long stretch has made the location to be known as the Queen’s necklace where lights at night sparkle in form of necklace full of pearls.
- Mumbai is one of the greatest spiritual places of the country having more than Temples, Mosques and the churches. The Shree Siddhivinayak temple was built in 1801 in dedication to Lord Ganesh, the son of Shiva and Parvati. The temple is blessed with a beautiful Ganeshay idol having trunk on the right side along with four hands holding flowers of splendid attractiveness. Mumbaikars are very proud of the culture and rich diversity they own. Making some valuable connections with the Colonial era, Mumbai shelters some of the best Japanese and Chinese temples as well.
Mumbai is amongst the treasures of the world having much exciting related with. The place never fails in satisfying tourist needs and serves them with endless pleasure and care. Mumbai hotel booking is convenient and hotels offer wide discount prices which tourist can grab easily. Hotels offer world class hospitality and serve people with ultimate peace of mind. One can never experience such world class happiness as Mumbai can offer with its outstanding fun gateways and location. The place is also surrounded with exceptional weekend gateways where anyone can live best moments of life time.